Thursday, August 05, 2010

More iPad Paintings



The sunset one I painted last night out my back door. That effect with the red sunlight hitting the rain from behind was awesome, but lasted only about five minutes. So I tried to just get the colors and then did the rest from memory. It was done in Sketchbook Pro, but when I got it to the computer it looked too purple compared to what I remembered so I touched it up in Photoshop.

The other one was done near Memory Grove in Salt Lake City. I started that one in Brushes then switched to Sketchbook Pro because Sketchbook has a smudge tool for softening edges.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a sketchbook pro for the Ipad? I love the future.

    These are sweet paintings by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...sketchbook pro looks like it's one hell of a program. It can actually duplicate what you might do with brushes. I'm curious now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang... these are awesome dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want an Ipad !

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice. Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, foosball spirit. Any other recommendations? Art spirit has been a sort of enlightening so far.

    Imma come visit and then it's game on DAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your paintings are really looking nice! I can't believe that you are doing them on iPad. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great. Do you use a stylus or just fingers? Since they don't have pressure sensitivity, one of these programs needs to implement an on-the-fly opacity control you can adjust with another finger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it´s so sweet Dave!!

    ReplyDelete